Monday, August 18, 2008

From the Nationals to the North Americans!

Wow! My 1st official post! Where do I begin? I guess I can start by saying these past 5 months of my life have been a whirlwind of many different things! In preparation for the Canadian Nationals (which I qualified for last year) was probably the most challenging ever for me going into a competition. My body was extremely stubborn this year during my prep and it seemed like it wasn't until the last 3 weeks of my diet was when I saw the most changes to my physique. Talk about frustrating! Yikes! For a period of time I didn't think I was going to make it. But it all ended up coming together (even if it was last minute) and I placed 2nd in the Medium-Tall category! My goal was Top 5 so I could keep my qualification to compete at the national level so this was a dream come true for me!

On August 30th I will be competing again in Cleveland Ohio at the IFBB North American Bodybuilding and Figure Championships! 12 days and counting!

I just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who have supported me during this time and throughout all my competitions!

Robin - For being by my side during every competition, putting up with my mood swings, my long hours away from home at the gym and supporting me in my dream to become an IFBB Pro! Love ya babe!

Ashley - For coming to every competition I have been in and cheering me on! You're a true best friend and I don't know what I'd do without ya!

Dad and Deb - For your support and understanding during the dieting process and Deb for coming to my 1st ever competition back in 2004!

My trainer Tammy Strome, IFBB Pro and co-founder of Cre8ion Fitness and Wellness - What can I say but thank you! You have been my mentor, coach, trainer and friend since 2004 and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your guidance and knowledge!

Lori Ann - You've been a great friend and support to me the past couple of years! It's a pleasure and honour to finally be sharing the stage with you!! Cleveland here we come! Whoo!

Cindi - For coming out to BC with me and always making me laugh with your infectious attitude!

To everyone else who I did not mention, I thank you all for your support, love and encouragement!

"A dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline"
Harvey Mackay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI TAMI
this is DARRELL TERRELL ALLMAX ATHLETE leaving u a message hope all and training is going well

Anonymous said...

hey tami

hope your training is going well , im presently getting ready for the nationals in atlanta in about 16 days and hope tooo come out ontop and capture that elusive pro card thats been running from me for so long.
i read your bio and WOW your a cop HOT COP at that keep your eye on the prize babe your card is within your reach real soon.
hope to see you at the arnold , stay in touch ...
darrell